Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

You Don't Know . . . ERISA (courtesy of Jellyvision)

Well, this will be obscure for many, but I may have stumbled upon the ultimate convergence of ERISA and Pop Culture (other than this website?).  I got a cold call from a nice guy at Jellyvision.

"Jellyvision".  It rang a bell.  I asked him where I could have seen that name.  The answer was, of course, that Jellyvision is the maker of that unsurpassed gaming experience known as, "You Don't Know Jack".  The game is a rollercoaster ride down the road of Pop Culture, and, back in the day, was a (the?) centerpiece of entertainment activity in my home, for the entire family. 

So why the heck is Jellyvision calling me?!?  The answer is that Jellyvision is marketing a product with a YDKJ feel that - get this - is intended to help Human Resources departments communicate employee benefits and health-care reform to employees.  (You just can't make this stuff up.)  And they got my name because I've got a connection to HR, even though, as things would have it, I'm only the lawyer. 

What're the odds?*  I'm a YDKJ junkie; the YDKJ people make a foray into employee benefits; I'm an employee-benefits lawyer; I've got some cockamamie website purporting to explore the intersection of ERISA and Pop Culture; and, totally at random, they call . . . ME!  I felt like they had a camera in my house during the halcyon days of YDKJ.

Hilarious, not to mention fun.  Or, as the YDKJ emcee might have said, "Uh, . . . no."

(As an aside, I would note that they also alerted me to a wild-and-crazy video at this link of what might be about as good a corporate presentation as you'll ever see.) 

________________________
*  See also my prior odds-related post

No comments: