Search This Blog

Sunday, April 12, 2020

"The Good Place" to Retire

Well, we just finished watching the single most intelligent television show ever - The Good Place.  Yup.  Number One.  Now this is not to say that there other intelligent shows.  Indeed, they abound.  But this one takes the cake.  [SPOILER ALERT - read no further if you haven't seen it]  And just when I thought it couldn't get any better I found myself given a . . . retirement angle.  So we have Ted Danson's Michael (how could the Emmys have passed him/them up for the win?), once he [again, SPOILER ALERT] starts to bemoan his eternal status in the truly Good Place, saying:

****
I guess I'll just stay here forever, you know?  Putter around doing mundane things like some sad old retiree.  Maybe I'll have Janet make me a hardware store so I can buy a hex wrench that I don't really need.
****

Thanks, Michael, for giving me my retirement moment during the finale of the Smartest Television Show Ever. 

And stay safe and well, all . . .

No comments: